Thursday, February 08, 2007

Clean Sweep!

Today, it is one of the very few times when Bangalore presents itself to me in a form very different.

The Hosur Road didn’t treat me to the aroma of the Carbon-monoxide.

The Madivala market did not treat me to the smell of rotten tomatoes and greens.

Neither did the Smoking Zone at office vex me, when I went past it to the café.

The foot paths where people left a mark whenever nature beckoned, did not bother me either.

The big (heard some rumours that it’s getting nominated for Limca Book of Records!!) Dust bin at the end of the road didn’t stink at all.

The public toilets at Majestic bus-stop did not go all that public (For once, the delayed bus did not annoy me).

No, it is not 'Anti-pollution day' or 'Keep the City Clean Campaign' happening at Bangalore. Sometimes, catching cold can be soothing too. Ostensibly, pollution-free Bangalore it is for me. And how cruel and jealous of people to advise me to see a doctor to get rid of something that has done such good to me?! Unfair!

7 comments:

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Brilliant

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Hari,
Thanks :)
By the way, when can we see a new post on your blog? Looking forward to it.

kitty said...

Good one Rash... Watever it is, I say get well soon.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Kitty,
Now, that's what I call a pleasant surprise! :)
Thanks for the care, dear.

HaRi pRaSaD said...

My computer is down yaar...its almost a month now :( The idiots have not rectified it still. I got to get it done somewhere else. So rite now don't have an option of blogging from home. Cant find much time in office either. Lets hope my next post does not have to wait longer...

Nice to know there are people expecting posts!!! :D

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah!!!! this is a very funny one....

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@priya,
Good to know you liked it , dear. :)