Wednesday, February 07, 2007

About me

When Beta-blogger was introduced, I was so excited about changing the outlook of my blog and I thought I revised every division of it. That was just what I thought. Today, I suddenly realize that 'About Me' section was something I had left untouched, unaware. It is certainly not that my traits don't need a relook and if not modified, does that mean, even over a considerable span of time, when everything around us changes, I haven't? How can a person or his traits remain stagnant, rather afford to be so?

By the way, every time one is asked to describe oneself, I am sure, more often than not, many people pause owing to their mind going blank, then realize something needs to be told and try and explain themselves in whatever best way they can. Every time I face the question, I guess, I give a varied answer. Not that I change often, it’s just that I don’t have a fixed opinion about myself. After having been with myself for over 24 years, if I can’t understand myself, how am I to understand others? If asked to write a paragraph about Gandhiji, maybe I would, but about me, a paragraph? No way!! Does that mean I am so complicated to be understood, even by myself? Mind-boggling!

What still strikes me is what makes every one to be so different making it difficult for us to understand oneself or others? My sister and brother were brought up in the same environmental setup as I, went to the same school as I, were taught by the same teachers as I, yet we are different. Very different. It is said situations make the person you are, to put it simply, even the situations we faced, by far, were not too different. Just that we siblings are way too different!

I only think I will never understand myself better, and when I had put

Hmmm..... boy! this space has indeed put me into a lot of introspection. At the end of it all, I realise I am every inch a Gemini, good and bad attributes in consideration. Loquacity is a trait running in my veins. Mostly fun-loving and sociable, but, on and offs in moods cannot be denied. All in all, a moderate soul.”

under the About me section, it was just that instantaneous opinion I had about myself when I wrote it. If asked to write afresh, I might give a totally contrasting version.


Well, here I go and change the 'About me' section to something that will stand valid despite my being ignorant of myself.

About me? Well, “The less said the better, for I might contradict myself in no time!”

No comments: