Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Awe-'struck'


For days,

The clock struck 6
I woke up to a new day

The clock struck 8
I left for a long day at office

The clock struck 10 in the night
I would be back home

The clock struck 11
I bid good-bye to the day

And one fine (actually, not-so-fine) day,

The clock didn’t strike
I woke up to a new day at 6

The clock didn’t strike
I left at 8 for a long day at office

The clock didn’t strike
I was home at 10 in the night

The clock didn’t strike
I bid good-bye to the day at 11!!

Hey Clock, how mechanical can life get? A mechanical entity like you will manage to take a break for want of cell to get rejuvenated, but we don’t, rather can’t afford to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poetry my dear, is unfortunately not your cup of tea.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@anonymous,
hehehe... I knew it long time ago that poetry...naah
This was not intended to be a poem.
Anything broken symmetrically need not be a poetry , right? If that is all that had to go in for a line, it had to be ended there..that's it. However,thanks for reiterating the fact :)

Since, it would not find a place anywhere, thought I should be generous enough in giving it some space on my blog only :D

Anonymous said...

i hv a sincere request for u.. y dont u right one Novel..ur words are indeed spl. jst flows so easily.. plz take up this part-time job of writing a book.. m waiting for the release:)

-pushpa

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Pushpa,
Thanks a lot for the incitement,dear. Felt so nice hearing that. Hopefully, I can release one in my lifetime ;)