Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sleepless Nights











Rashmi


The whole world slept in
Silence roared, thoughts whirled,
Night after night, I awoke
To sleep in your arms one day.


You were near, yet far
Less did I vanish in darkness
Her presence eclipsed to hide me
I could see you still, you couldn’t.


I called you, time and again,
Less did the breeze mute my voice
Her song deafened your ears
Her laughs dampened my cry.


I’d care less to get my heart broken
But, in there dwells, beloved, yours
I beg of you, do not break mine
For it would hurt the heart of my heart.


I’d never come in your way,
Don’t know where the hope springs from,
I am awake to sleep in your arms
I’ll wait for all the nights to come.

6 comments:

kitty said...

Rash, so romantic. He wud come back at least after reading this :-)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

Kitty, thanks for the response. About the second sentence, when have I had one to come back if he's gone somewhere?

Sujeet said...

The poem is good, but why so painful??

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

Hmm.... no real reference as such. Just another thought. I guess, the impact of some of the Hindi flicks.
It also could be an effect of Aamir Khan's wedding...... just kidding! :-)

gus said...

Great poem rash....I never knew you could express such romantic overtones ;)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@gus,
Even I didnt know I could express something like this. Just wanted to corelate somelines with the painting and I tried doing the same!