Thursday, February 02, 2006

Poly-ticks!

“Right to Govern” is ostensibly the invincible right, although not finding a place in the constitution, guaranteed to all political parties in Karnataka. If there exists a party, it gets to govern….. as simple as that, no hurdles whatsoever, just a matter of time. The right to equality, comfortably understood as the right to equality for all parties and all the poly-ticks constituting them, must have been the inspiration for the birth of this self-claimed right!

I am sure it was beyond the imagination of the great mathematicians who racked their brains to work and formulate theories of Permutations and combinations to forsee their work being put to (mis)use so potentially to seek power! In fact, quite some sophisticated (favourable) modifications have been done to the same theories in such short a time that, it keeps the mathematicians shocked for their level of inefficiency! (Math brains…… you could have always done better and faster, couldn’t you? Or is that ability present only in the genes of the ticks? )

It makes me feel so helpless to witness the political melodrama, I voted for a party when it promised to abide by (Well, who doesn’t know of ticks’ promises? But a choice of a better tick had to be done and I too did it) certain principles and the same party has resorted to another set of (so-called) principles I am totally against…. I am not given a chance to express my disagreement…….damn it!

It makes me feel so embarrassed to see the ticks holidaying in the posh resorts to escape from horse-trading business, as they claim it. If they flee from the challenges that can always be faced with integrity and independent thinking (this can be a difficult demand, though), what leadership execution can I expect from them? Grow up, ticks! If not for your sake, at least for the dignity of the voters….. just grow up!

With another sequel of political sitcom getting instantiated tomorrow, I feel like getting out of this place, but what if grass looks greener on the other side? Well, I can always migrate to Antarctica, but visa problems interfere, you know!

Respected (??!!) ticks, please do not take undue advantage of the fact, that I am not interested in being a part of the tick-community, politics, and do things as you wish.
‘God …..Am I putting you in a hapless situation by saying, God save us? ‘

4 comments:

Sujeet said...

The elected ones are basically the weighted average of the people who elect them... you get what you deserve!!

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Sujeet
U get what U deserve?....... what if I made a right choice, but unfortunately belong to the minority…. Do I deserve that for being amidst ignorant folk? Not sure. I am dejected though!

@aDa_acolyte
Got to watch RDB yet…… I have heard from many ends that it is worth it. The point you made was exactly my grievance….. I wanted to vote afresh with the given scenario is consideration, my voice went unheard amidst the mostly impractical constitutional bindings…..
I am in complete agreement with the Democracy but I’m against the dictators of Democracy. To me the number of parties is not the bother, but the genuineness behind coalitions is.


Well, Sujeet and aDa_acolyte , Thanks a lot for expressing your views on this, it’s time we discussed the pros and cons of the way we are governed and get enlightened on bettering our stances. If you refute my view, I would be happy if you express it for it would only help my awareness.

Sujeet said...

Thats the whole idea behind democracy.its the weighted average of the electorate.the point is whenever an unsavory political situation arises, there is no single,specific aggrieved individual.we collectively feel bad. our power to choose is effective when it is multiplied by a factor determined by the synergy of the electorate.
re-read your own statement. you feel bad as an individual for being a part of the minority.the same rule applies to the politicians.even they dont like to be in minority. its the same principle of weighted average at work!!

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@sujeet, unfortunately true :-(
But I thought our representatives should be capable of standing against the tide.
However...