Thursday, February 09, 2006

Conditioned Love!

Once while gossiping over lunch with friends in the cafeteria, one of my friends expressed her strong desire to get married at the earliest. To me, the fact that one wants to get married, more so at the earliest, came as a shock. Some intellectual said “ Marriage is not a word…… but a sentence! “. Mind you, 'death' sentence!. I expressed my reaction and said, “ I wonder how people can be so interested in getting married . I would be the last person on earth to be happy to do so”. Instantly came the reply from my dear-wannabe-early-bride, “No Rashmi, not you, the guy who would marry you would be last person to be happy to get married”. Hmm….. it did seem such a witty reply to evoke laughter from all angles…… but poor soul, Rashmi.
Since, it’s more or less inevitable to get married , one day I too will. But, that incident made me vow never fight to with my husband , of course, as long as he complies with my orders!!
Fights?......Never! ( Conditions apply)

5 comments:

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

Quoting the lines of the protagonist in Paulo Coelho's
" The Alchemist" which goes like this : " I'm like everyone else - I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does ", I delete all the comments ( to be unbiased to anyone's comments) on the post.
Nero, Enigma,Sujeet and Mr.Anon, thanks a lot for active participation in the thread.
Mr.Anon did take a lot of trouble to prove what he felt like. Thanks everyone. I wouldn't mind retaining the comments, but, some folks felt otherwise. So I do it.
Lastly, Anon, that conclusion of yours only helped me build my confidence.No one stops you from dropping by in future.It was an eighth wonder to see a smiley in your comment! :-)
If you all have anything to say,you are still welcome to comment. All the note-worthy pointers from each one of you would be borne in mind.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your invitation, but I cannot drop in to places where I'm disrespected. For that matter everybody who had commented here are disrespected by getting their comments deleted.

I don't particularly like the gutless. You shall close your blog if you don't have the guts enough to face the comments.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@anon,
Well,I deleted my comments too
:( . It hurt me also that I had to delete the comments coming out of the valuable time spent by everyone on my post. With my attitude of being positive about debating things and exchanging views, I would never have resorted to doing that had it complied to some standards. With people giving links to my blog by reposing confidence in me and my belief in discipline,I have to uphold that.
I don't know what others feel, once message conveyed is conveyed, right? What if it holds a place in the comment list, what if it doesn't. Do figure out the thin line between guts and discipline. I didn't delete the comments when they were calling for guts, I did it when the discussion came to a conclusion.
About revisiting my blog,the choice is completely yours. No compulsion whatsoever.I thought I should cater to the feel of the audience I have, rather than one who might not turn up. I did what I found right.
By the way, I guess, not disclosing one's indentity is also gutless! :-)

Anonymous said...

May sense prevail.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@ada_acolyte
Well.... :)