Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Identity (?)

If you have guessed that this post is an outcome of serious introspection, I am afraid, you are wrong. It doesn’t call for serious thinking to feel the way I did more so when staying in a place where I do.
I know English
Nanage Kannada barutthe.
Naaku Telugu vastundi
Mujhe Hindi aathi hai
Enakku Tamil (Tamizh) varuum

Disclaimer : Just taking some( rather, more) liberty at declaration supra. Applicable at different degrees,though.

When I was just pondering over my identity or the lack of it, knowing quite some, yet not knowing any of them, I suddenly realise, Ahh... I am Bangalorean. Bangalore,cosmopolitan every inch!
A wonderful quote, to indicate the jack-of-all (‘ some’ in my case)-master-of-none situation, by Stefan Berkman " I know twelve languages, English is the BESTEST of all " seems as if was quoted when in a similar kind of scene.
Oh to be a Bangalorean! My identity? What is that supposed to mean?

1 comment:

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

ada_acolyte,
I'll make sure to read the story you suggested.The comparison of women with cities is the coolest simili I have ever read.I wonder why some men say that women are difficult to understand. You say it is so simple! :)