Thursday, June 04, 2009

But when?


Mamma in the living room, reading news paper. Sanju back from school, dropping the bag on sofa, runs towards her.


Sanju, Why don't you remove shoes before entering in? How many times do I tell you?

Sorry Mamma...

Ok....be a good boy next time.

Yes mamma. You know what!!!, I have a good news for you.

Is it? What, baby?

This time, I stood first in the class !!!

Mamma kisses Sanju on his forehead

Wow!! Way to go,baby. Very well done. That's like my boy!!!

What about the promise, mamma?


What Promise? ... ah that one, ok dear, I will take you to the amusement park.

No ... not that.

What else do you want, dear?

You had told last year that papa will come home when I stand first in the class.

A drop or two of tears and she runs into the room and locks the door.

Sanju knocks on the door, not to be opened.

Mamma, sorry... next time I will not walk into the house with shoes still on. I will be a good boy.

Mamma cries uncontrollably inside the room, staring at the roof. Lumps in her throat. No answers in her mind.

5 comments:

sylviadan said...

Who is Sanju, if I may ask so ?

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Sylvia
None that I know of... Just a random name.

Anonymous said...

very touchingad

Anonymous said...

oops typo there, an extra ad at the end

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Ram,

Thanks..