Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Women's Day

Oh yeah... It was Women's day on 8th March. I tried so much to post on that very day, but was unable to, as a result of my maid going on leave and my being the complete woman at home!! Women's day,literally, it did turn out to be! Sigh! The sadistic relief is that men-folk at home were not left alone either ... he he he

Nevertheless, here comes one post with what I wanted to share. This eve of March has indeed been a reason to celebrate for women in India. The government and the judiciary have bestowed upon women some gifts in advance giving us every reason to celebrate and feel good about being us.

1. The upper limit of the tax exemption slab for women has been revised to 1.80 lacs from 1.50 lacs.

Kudos, Mr.Chidambaram.Thanks a lot. As one of my friends said, at least this time, we can take some bucks, home :)


2. 'Disinclination to cook not a ground for divorce'

Check the link to believe it if not read before.

Unfortunate that it had to be ruled rather than being understood,in the first place. As per me, it is so implicit that one should not have claimed that as a cause for divorce! Whoever that guy is, he has got the concept of marriage totally wrong. The ruling has made the the lady guilt-free, I suppose. In fact, his wife must have divorced him for a senseless person that he has been!

Did I ever say that I dislike cooking too? Now, my husband must have lost one good chance to divorce me. 'Dude,no luck this time!!' :P

2 comments:

Monika said...

i cant believe it someone can demand divorce on such grounds, ridiculous

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@monika,
Weird but true!