Thursday, February 28, 2008

Skipping Rope

K happened to meet S in the bus last weekend. S, the newly wedded common friend, was accompanied by her husband. K was so excited for having met her after a long while. K or me could not make it to S’ wedding for various reasons. So, K was very happy to have seen the couple for the first time.

After a couple of days, K e-mails me to convey this. The conversation is summed up for view:

K: Hey dear, you know what? I met S this weekend. Man! I was so excited to see the couple.


Me: Oh really? Woooooooowww!!

K: Oh yeah dear. S was so excited too. She introduced me to her hubby. I wished them.

Me: Cool.

K: Let’s go and meet the couple at their house on some weekend, ok?

Me: Of course dear, we need to. That’s in fact, due.

K: They really look good together, dear.

Me: :)

K: Another thing, S still looks the same!!!! ;)

Me: What do you mean now? I know .. I know… You mean to say that I turned fatter after my wedding, right?

K: he he he :P

Me: :( :( :( Why only me?

K: Arey yaar… stop frowning. It’s not the whole of you, ok? Just your cheeks have turned chubby.

Me: :( :(:( Why only my cheeks?

K: You need to figure out why? :)

Me: Hmm…. I need to ask God why only my cheeks?

K: I think so, you’d better.

Me: Wait a minute. If I ask God why only my cheeks, then he might misunderstand that I want whole of myself to be chubby, not just my cheeks!! What then?

K: You have a point!

Me: I’d then better keep shut.

K: True dear, You’d better keep shut. Good for all.
(K mutters to herself ‘Thank God! At last she kept quiet. Let me get back to work now!!’)


Ok … I bought a skipping rope, yesterday!! :P

7 comments:

kitty said...

Wow my dear... I really cant stop laughing.. A guy in my wing stared at me if something is wrong with me :(

Anonymous said...

hehe... k stands for kitty is it...?


-pushpa

The Restless Me said...

@kitty,
A guy stared at you,huh? :P
Too bad...

@Pushpa,
Bang on target! True :)

Monika said...

he he he all the best with the rope :):)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@monika,
:D :D thank you

Anonymous said...

Hehe. But why are women always more conscious ? ;)

The Restless Me said...

@ram,
Looks like they are more vulnerable,hence maybe ;)