Monday, March 17, 2008

Silver lining

On a dim evening, last Friday, to return back from work, I boarded an office shuttle that I had not taken ever for I was headed to a different destination. Pensive and all alone, although in a crowded bus, I was. When no one seemed to keep me company, I recoiled to myself and was just gaping out of the window, mindlessly. After quite a while did I realize that those heavy clouds in the sky did give me company, only to be ignored till then.They followed me, wherever I went. What was with those clouds?

Was it to say that someone does give us company and we are never alone, whether or not it gets noticed?

Was it to say that, although they were heavy and overloaded, they moved on with life, hence we can too?

Or was it to remind me that every cloud has silver lining?


Whatever, as I moved on, they moved along. I reached my destination, not sure what happened of them later. Maybe, they found another lonely soul to give company and reassurance. Maybe…
Sometimes, elements around us, inanimate or otherwise, can be such a source of inspiration. Mind-boggling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. That is the whole point of perspective and belief.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@ram,
Indeed!