Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fortune Teller

Most of the times, I am not the one to get into the traps of sms-to- win contests/surveys. However easy or obvious the question could be, I never make an effort to send my answer over sms as I have a strong feeling that I could not truly be that lucky to be the chosen one to win the contests. So, more often than not, I turn a deaf ear when sms-to-win contests get aired amidst some movie numbers and plenty of advertisements in radio broadcasts.

An early morning travel of around an hour and a half in the bus to workplace is made less painful by listening to music. And enjoying music via radio comes for a price, got to listen to the advertisements and the contests too. Just a couple of days ago, when a question was asked on Radio One as to what the lifetime of an eye-lash could be, I blindly guessed it to be 5 months, and it turned out to be the answer too. For a while at least, I felt so bad for not having answered it . Maybe I could have won the prize, just maybe,I thought. A lazy goose or a pessimistic soul I must have been to let go of that chance to own a goody bag I felt. Similarly today too, a question in the lines of ”What act that you do every time kills a couple of brain cells?” was asked, I knew that I was aware of the answer- “SNEEZE”. After a hard fight over mind I realized that it was better to text in the answer and wait for the result rather than not send and regret later. So I did the same and waited desperately, clearing my throat, to get a response call from them to inform me that I have been the lucky winner for the day. The answer I gave was as right as the guy who won the goody bag. Just that his luck worked and mine didn’t as usual. This made me regret again for foolishly have fallen into the trap when it was proved in the past that lucky draws were never meant for me! Cursed myself for having sent a message at a cost of 3 rupees!!
SMS currency is too valuable a thing to be spent like this I thought.

It was as if I paid money to a fortune teller to call me unlucky! Not something that I did not know of! Hmmmph!!
Do sms me to vote for/against the sms-contests!! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha good one.. we can sms once in a while not a problem,best thing is to request for a song to be played for someone spl;) well if we are lucky enough we get the song and gift too:)

-pushpa

The Restless Me said...

@Pushpa,
I have resolved to never sms again, so much so that if need be, I would rather sing the song of my choice than sms to request the same. That is,if the audience wouldn't mind bearing my talent :P

harini said...

My sis had sent a request asking for some nice retro hindi song. Though the song was played, her name was never taken amongst the requestor. She sent another sms with due respect stating"I was very happy to listen to the song at this hour and thanks for playing my request" and this time it worked. Basanthi indeed read her sms and acknowledged her. .. so keep trying buddy nvr say die. :)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Harini,
Is it? Hmm... ok, I shall never say die but then, my currency might! :)