Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Striptease

I had always heard that trends are cyclic, the old becomes new and vice versa. Grandma’s big nose rings and earrings have indeed become a style statement, isn’t it? Clinging to the old is the in-trend now. Could you dig some papa’s bell-bottom pants from the almirah archive? If yes, you sure are going to be the style icon in the aisles of the campus tomorrow (No guarantee about tomorrow, though. 24 long hours is just too much for vogue!). No surprise if the trends change in the amount of time that lapses between picking them and wearing them.
Clinging to the old, is a boon in itself…… kind of recycling the old to make a fashion assertion is most welcome, for reusability would only help us in saving those bucks which could probably be spent on other ‘useful’ things like, taking a girl on a date, freaking out with friends, eating out in posh restaurants, to state a few. It is, no doubt, sensible- who doesn’t want trends and money saving going together? Giving life to the old things is not objectionable, but how ‘old’ they should be is the question of the hour. Come on, ‘old’ should not imply importing the style statements of early men age!
In my history classes back in school, whenever talk of civilization and its gradation was done, if I remember, invention of clothing was a signification factor of the civilization growth, I was told. I admit, like any other interesting soul, I too hated history, but trust me, even amidst the lousy sessions, I am sure I heard and comprehended this fact right. Invention of clothing was indeed a prominent civilization criterion.However, hey Bollywood folks! ( Movie industry in general) ,I know cost-cutting and style-making is required to reap instant money. But, tell me if you got the (un)dresses that actors (Did we hear someone say ‘Mallika Sherawat’ ? well,I didn’t !) wear from my great ancestors of stone-age?
Disgustedly speaking, even after pondering time and again, I don’t get to name a single movie I can go with my family and watch. I feel embarrassed, but the actors don’t seem to be, for their presenting themselves immodestly. The move we need to take up is to discourage the attempts of the movie industry adopting such mean routes to easy money. It’s high time we sounded off against the A-uncertified ‘A’ movies!
Seemingly in the cinematic sense, the degree to which the girls rip their clothes off is the measure of their eternal love for their guys. Down with such depiction in the movies. Folks of cinema fraternity-please do not disgrace the essence of love.Essentially, media plays a very vital role in shaping the minds of the people. To youth, movies and entertainment is the most sought after media. Let not things deviating from decorum be instilled in their innocent minds. They might unknowingly indulge in acts, miles apart from the mores of the society. Media should shoulder the responsibility of playing up to its potential. Barring exceptions, actors of today seem to be cut out for the sole real-life movie " Roti, (no) kapda aur makaan". They have got to play candid roles in real life too.
‘Censor Board, please wake up! ‘
(I know, I can't ask ' Are you sleeping?')

1 comment:

HaRi pRaSaD said...

:( Am I the first to comment? Thats really bad. A bold post I would say,Rash.True, movies today are getting outrageously indecent. Bollywood especially. I feel like putting a bullet through the skull of that guy, who acted in "Murder" and many more such third rated flicks and the directors of the same.Wathcing movies with family has almost ceased to exist. Directors in Tamil like Mani ratnam, Bala, Cheran to name a few are the ones who set the standards. Hope others take a leaf out of their books, so that they come up with neat and decent movies.