Thursday, March 15, 2007

What's new gets it's due!

As a matter of fact, more number of people than I knew read my blog!! Yippie!!Me not too sure of their opinion on my posts as most of them leave no comments. BUT THEY READ, of late I got to know!!! Just recently, one of my friends told me that she forwarded my posts to her friends and to read their responses via mail to her (that was later forwarded to me for my information) was sheer joy. People saying that I write good and should continue to post more ..blah blah blah… I strongly feel that she being a good friend of mine, would most certainly have hid from me, the harsh comments.

What started as a compulsion to create a login to comment on some friend’s blog ( He had restricted commenting only to registered members), led to my blogging. With an inclination towards writing that I had ever since I was a kid, it interested me in a big way.

What’s new never fails to get it's due;when I started off, I was so keen about blogging often, although I never, for once, blogged simply because I had to or to break a long gap..never!! I did it only when my impulse asked me to, the effort was to make my impulses to ask me to blog often.

Aaaahh…the pleasure of publishing the first few posts!! (The umpteen number of republication of the posts to achieve that perfection in publishing, to get rid of extra spaces, to add the missing commas etc…. ) . Not that I don’t republish my posts now, but it has reduced to a great extent for I let go of some known minor typographical errors to dwell happily.

One or two posts up, and more often than not, most of them, I suppose (me too not an exception) dream of making a career in journalism/writing etc. No one, not a single one, would get spared from writer’s block and how often writer’s block hits would determine how quickly the assumption that it is easy to make it big at journalism diminishes.

I always have had a principle that I should not force anyone into reading whatever nonsense or otherwise that I write, I never informed my friends of the blog link. As a consequence, I didn’t know more than two people (me being one) seeing my blog when I started off, yet, I checked my profile user statistics umpteen times a day just hoping to see one figure up! How humanly crazy!! Everyone wants attention, although it was not why I was maintaining a blog, I would not mind getting the same, rather should I confess that I wanted it !!

One single comment on the blog, would make my day. Not before my blog grew old with quite some posts, did it see one comment. Reasons could range from it not interesting the reader to lack of publicity..whatever!! Now a comment (not that I expect or get many) does nothing to my day.

I still find it funny on how I used to scrutinize every trivial incident with an intention to blog, my friends always teased me if I would blog this-too and that-too incidents!!

What happened to that spirit? Why should only new get its due? Only things that don’t dampen over time are acts of passion, I believe.
Let passion prevail.It'd better!

3 comments:

catch 22 said...

Well yeah its true that when we embark on something new we are walys full of enthisiasm and after some time it jus fizzes away. But i have always believed there is one thing in life for which the passion would remain as long as I remain, I am still searching for that one thing. may be this search for that one thing itself is the passion I have :)

Anonymous said...

:-)

-pushpa

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@catch22
"..may be this search for that one thing itself is the passion I have "? So well put :)

@pushpa,
:)