Monday, April 10, 2006

Eyes that never cry!

I have been gifted (?) with a pair of eyes that are mostly dried of water. But, do eyes that cry alone show that there lies a heart within which is susceptible to get hurt at the slightest bitter thing? For having been this way thus far in my life, people around me have virtually carved out a rule that “Rashmi doesn’t cry, rather cannot cry, rather should not cry”. More often than not, my eyes do adhere to the rule, but as frequently, my heart denies the same. I cry, only to be heard by myself, only to be consoled by myself.
Yeah, it’s been a too psychic kind of jotting, but, it hasn’t come without my heart getting hurt. After all, I am here talking to my eternal friend, myself here.
A very close friend of mine, been with me almost since I started my professional (?) career, called it quits today to accomplish her dreams elsewhere. I am definitely happy for her, forever wishing her the very best in her life. But, damn heart finds it difficult to let her go, for once, I feel she must continue to stay on. Am I only concerned about soothing my heart? Am I self-centered? Am I being emotional to veil the foresight of her prospective future? Well….
Strange are man’s ways. In no time, we get attached to people who were nothing to us just sometime back and mean everything to us in just no time. Sometimes, I wonder why people are so good to leave an impact on us? Is it a futuristic deception? No, it isn't . The innate potential to spread the cheer around them is the culprit, the real culprit!
I am scared to crave for more friends, in effect, increasing the risk,I only want to cling to the ones I have, forever.
However,my ever-dry eyes insist that life still goes on! Well,but,.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rashmi... i can understand that u are really going to miss her... and so will any friend who has been associated in this group :-( very much ... the thought that s/he is pursuing better options or one's dream alone would make us feel better!!! nevertheless .. we have the mails to save us :-) Thats in any relationship.. If it doesnt make u feel that way, then it never was one !!! Be happy about all such relationships ... there may be many to come ;-) so dont fear

And to add to that... it is not wrong to cry sometimes ! It does help.

Nero said...

This reminds me of the 'babu moshai' dialogue in Anand.. touching.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Priya,
Your words are indeed soothing.
And about " there may be many to come ;-) ", maybe we should take it offline ;)
@Nero,
True ! 'Anand' movie is a very approriate one to be reminded of. Me didn't think of it when I wrote, but felt it was so very pertinent after reading your comment.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@ada_acolyte,
Well said! Absolutely.There's a genuine point in whatever you said.
It indeed struck a chord!

gus said...

The only thing that a relationship leaves behind are memories !!Quite hard though but we keep meeting newer people and replacing our old frenz..!!A nice blog RaSh.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@gus,
Thanks! Memories....yeah! How nostalgic! :)

catch 22 said...

Been there, felt that. But isnt that the beauty of life, you lose someone today and you find someone the very next day. Everybody u know had a part to play in ur life and once its done they leave. Why am I getting philosophical here ? Life indeed is theatre.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Catch22,
Been there? then you rightly understand the feeling.Your comment reminded me of the book
"The Five people you meet in Heaven" which too says that all the people you meet in life have a role to play to make an impact,which we might or might not realise, but impact surely happens.

catch 22 said...

Havent read that book, will try to get it.