Friday, April 28, 2006

All I want

Am I not justified in being disgusted with my life when I get an sms wishing 'good night' while still busy working at office? However, yesterday was one of those frequent times I got one and realised that sensible people go home,rather be at home at that time and wound up for the day. At the bus stop, absolutely no exaggeration, it seemed like all routes led to all places but my home. Waited for half-an-hour,at an already late time. Finally, for all the good deeds done by whoever, I got a bus, simply jam-packed.
Although, I grew up drinking health-drink, I didn't become any of taller-stronger-sharper types. Well, I don't regret for the same, for in cases posing huge competition for space, as in the case of the bus, I can still manage to fit in my just-a-little-more-than-tiny frame into it. Completely crushed was I in the bus and being deprived of seat, was being deprived of a nap to relieve the stress,to a certain extent.I was terribly tired after having stood for close to 2 hours and was desperate to rush home. But, the more I wanted to rush, the more the strain and pain in the legs held me back ( Newton's Law...... Ist , IInd or the IIIrd? Long time since I mugged them) At last, I reached home , I suppose what I ate to comfort my parents was dinner and went off to sleep.
Today,I woke up late owing to the ache in the legs and right-side of my head. It still remains a mystery why whenever my head aches, only the right-side of it makes it presence felt ( Left-side,Are you there? Nevertheless, I am glad, it is less worse to have half intense ache ). Again, late to the bus-stop, jam-packed bus, standing all the way long and late to office tired as if the day is already over. Now, here I get a warmly-fuming welcome from team leader.
Amidst the ache, strain and fumes all around, I have realized that all I want in my life to make it cheerful, energetic and prosperous is A seat in the bus!
"God, can you hear me? You'd better!"

6 comments:

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Achacho! Thats really sad! :(
Why not get a two wheeler, may be the one that says "Why should boys have all the fun"! But again there is the problem of Bangalore traffic, right? But doesnt the company you work for provide some kind of transport at late nights? Cabs??

shooting star said...

great blog....and i liked what u have written below the blog heading

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@enigma,
You are right,"Why should boys have all the fun?", that's why I too travel by bus like many boys ( and girls too). Driving in Bangalore is no fun, trust me.
Cabs are provided,but parents press the panic button, justified also, very insecure.

@shooting star,
Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, the lines written below the blog heading have always meant a lot to me and have never failed to inspire me in times of trouble.

catch 22 said...

I donno what this city is coming to. 2 hrs to commute in Bangalore city, phew. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi rashmi!!

Tatz exactly how i feel " the need for a seat" !! :-(

k now woes apart...ive been hearing bout u for quite sumtime now( from our friend enigma)..but this is the first time am actually visiting your blog thou. Gud job!! Carry on.. catch u later. Bye! :D

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Shirly,
Thanks a lot! Feels good to know that you spent some time on my blog with some expectations and are, to a certain extent, convinced ( if I can take the liberty to presume so) about
the same. Keep visiting. :) I acknowledge Hari ( Enigma) too !