Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Moment of Truth

In a restaurant, last saturday, I witnessed a true test of character and someone passing it too. Good food relished with the family. When it came to foot the bill, the person called the waiter for some clarification. As the case normally would be, I thought there was some mis-calculation and some dish being charged more or charged for extra rotis that were never ordered for. The person promptly told the waiter that the cost of Chicken Biryani was not included in the bill and asked him to get that included.

The waiter was so grateful for the person for having helped him out from being in a soup.

It really made me feel good, more so for honest act being of my husband. I appreciated him for it and he said "I know, the restaurants however over-price things, they will not lose a penny by missing out on billing one of our orders, but I really pitied the waiter. When the manager tallies things and gets to know, he would be rebuked. Why get that done, knowingly?"

Speaks volumes of the person he is, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your husband :)
-Pushpa