Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Issue-less or an Issue?

If only she had spoken up-front, she could have avoided the marriage; Of her husband.

Besides bearing the brunt of being childless for no fault of hers, she drove another innocent lady to an unhealthy matrimony, helplessly.


I guess, it's quite improbable now,rather, I hope so. But I wonder if it were ever the reason for getting a man married for the third time for not having heirs from the first two wives. Could it be a case of ego for men ( I still wonder why!!) and restraint of freedom of expression for women?

I was shocked when one of my relatives, married for over 12 years, got a suggestion from "well-wishers" to go for a second marriage for being issue-less. Come on! Even now, one says so!!??

2 comments:

Monika said...

is this for real? in this world

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Monika,
At least, in the villages, we can't rule out such occurances.Agreed, that the probability has greatly reduced.

When we were kids and went to villages, we used to hear instances of multiple marriages for being issue-less. I just wonder if the reason for being issue-less was due to the Man, but the burden borne by woman! One of the possible causes,maybe, I think.

People in the cities are better off.