Monday, February 02, 2009

Plant or Tree?

A couple of days ago, as I was just gazing at the footpath while I travelled to office, I saw a skinny boy with a huge back-pack that almost made his chin touch his knees. I agree, nothing new about it and there are innumerable kids who undergo that. Well, I did too.

I do not know if it is inevitable now, but when I was a kid, I suppose it wasn't ,yet I did. Not that I was too studious,I was plain lazy! I never had the patience to arrange my books as per the day's time-table, so the safest option was to carry the load everyday. Stupid or not, I don't know. Laziness so much ruled me that I was game for physical labour! Gosh!

So, for once I pitied the boy, later I had doubts if he were as lazy as I was or things have changed a lot over the years.

There is a saying in Kannada " Gidavaagi baggaddu maravaagi baggithe" roughly translating to " If it doesn't bend when a plant,it never will when a tree". I never disciplined myself then, no hopes now, is it?

Are there any takers for the idea of not folding the rug every morning for the reason that you anyway have to use it in the night? Or am I the only lazy one on earth celebrating individuality in a peculiar style?


No comments: