Friday, May 04, 2007

Culinary S'kill's

Well, very recently, I was struck with a very adventurous, challenging, first-of-its-kind, brilliant and highly social-service oriented idea. And I also know that I am the only person who is capable of and destined to do it. The origin of the inspiration is the fact that whenever I have held my hands on any cookbook (confessed, out of compulsion), I always see that only one method of a dish preparation would be mentioned in each of those, with no guarantee of the out-coming taste, and to try things differently, one has to own a library of cookbooks which is quite impractical. After all, all the time can’t be spent collecting and reading cookbooks you know, one has to cook too!!!

So, I thought I should author a cookbook that would do away with the need to gather different cookbooks to try out dishes and save a lot of time, money and serving the purpose with guarantee of taste too!! Now, is that not a social- service? So, I will compile all my recipes with dedicated effort and publish “HOW NOT TO COOK” book. Now, is this not a one time solution to the cooking–woes? Just follow any method but the one mentioned in the book, so there you get multiple cooking options and of course, guaranteed taste too!!!

There’s one risk though, I would like to admit.
As the world knows, “The way to the husband's heart is his stomach". If you make the best utilization of the book, your husband’s love for you might not increase as it can for me. If you follow “HOW NOT TO COOK” properly, you end up cooking real tasty food, hence he will eat his stomach-full, hence the way is jammed, hence you can’t reach his heart!! If you can keep him starving, the way looks gliding smooth and clear, isn’t it? ;) It’s up to you to decide, what’s better for you, good food or husband’s love. I would prefer the latter one for sure (Mind you, mutually exclusive, they are!!).

8 comments:

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Am I sleepy or have you written something intangible! I dunno :D

I sure bet the way to my brain is blocked now...

Anonymous said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee cooking... !!!Awaiting your "HOW NOT TO COOk" book... kindly release it soon..:-)

-Pushpa

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Hari,
It was expected to be found intangible!! After all, I am writing about an intangible skill :D

@Pushpa,
hehehehe... sure dear :)

Monika said...

ooopsss i am still thinking what i read :) :) awaiting the book will be a good read :)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@monika...
THe way I cook is exactly the only way not supposed to be practised I suppose.
So, I would like to bring out the book to help others know of the only possible way of spoiling the broth so that they can avoid doing so. :D

Aravindh Krishnamoorthy said...

This is plain and simple stupid. Sarcasm, my friend, is not applied to a noble profession like cooking.

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@aravindh KRISHNAMOORTHY
First of all, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment too. :)
Coming to the post,stupid it was bound to be.It was my way of taking presssures of the noble art easy!! Please excuse if it offends.I doubt if I intended it to be sarcastic, though.

Unknown said...

I really pity Raghu ... kindly leave his stomach alone!!