Thursday, May 25, 2006

Talking Chameleons

Forever, I had been amazed to watch the traits of Chameleons, the reptile species known for changing colors to adapt to the environment, in effect fit well to survive. Terrific embedding of chemistry in Biology by the great Bio-chemist, the almighty, it has been. Every time I came across documentaries of these species on the Animal Planet, The National Geographic or Discovery Channel, I had glued my eyes to the television screen.How much I wished to see at least one, changing colors from a closer distance? I guess, I happened to make this wish when a shooting star went past by, coincidentally. Wish gets granted, to put me in a place where I dwell most of the time, away from home.Now, I get to see, not the national-geographic kind, but, more mind-boggling species. Not only do they change colors to adapt to the situations, but they also talk! If not by talking, how the blame could be dumped on someone else’s head to save their face. I only wished to see one chameleon, but I guess it was a denewala-jab-bhi-dega-dega-chappar-phadke-season that I get to see so many everyday. From my side, I have to learn from this that I should not make a wish and even if I do, not when a shooting star falls. I don’t know why National-Geographic and the likes have not thrown light on these phenomenal species. Ok, let me get back to business before the chameleons notice and hold a meeting to... you know why!!

12 comments:

catch 22 said...

Phew , you see these species everywhere that u don have to make wish when seeing a shooting star, next time try to make wish as to not to see these species. may be it will work. :)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Catch22,
Good one! Makes sense indeed. Next time, I shall give it a try.:)

FumingSalmon said...

I agree there is nothing more annoying than seeing this kinda species around...bt doesnt that make our life worth a fight..else it wud b just plain walk...I enjoy it when i point out when it is changing its colour...

n regarding the wish not to see similiar species arnd..well u may nt b left with many mortals arnd...has any1 ever accepted that he/she is member of this species...

A nice post ...we share same thoughts, name and yaa sun sign too...

lightmatic said...

Indeed ....they are absolutely fascinating creatures aren't they....?
Nice blog!

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Its a world of the survival of the fittest. People who change colors to adapt to situations seem to be everywhere. I myself have the experience of watching two such incidents from very close quaters. It was a girl in one case and a guy in the other. But, in both the instances it was the guy who got backstabbed. I was shocked to silence, when the heart broken guy sat next to me, tears welling up in his eyes, breath coming in grasps, unable to bear the agony. But in the case of the girl that I knew, it was altogether a different scenario. It was an eye opener for me in more than one way.

Err..hope changing colors does not include the act of changing blogger templates and identites as I have done!!

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@ruler,
Welcome to the blog, rashmee!
I completely agree with you:)
It is indeed poses some healthy challenges for life,sometimes.

@blade,
Welcome to the blog.
Fascinating?..yeah sure they are ! :D
Thanks!

@hari,
Me also will empathize with the folks who got to bear the repercussions of the chameleonic-behavior of some folks. More often than not, it makes us lose trust on this dangerous species.But, yeah, survival of the fittest. We got to become fit to face them.
True! Rest Assured.Changing blogger templates doesn't fall in the category addressed :D.

Dewaker Basnet said...

great wish eh...;) i too have been scouting for a mochi since the last so many days to take care of my fading shoe...but to no avail..

maybe i try the shooting star rashmi, wat say ;) a refreshing blog:)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@nishu,
Yeah! :)
By the way, Welcome to the blog!
@Dewaker Basnet,
Welcome to the blog!
Take my word, shooting star concept works, in fact sometimes in excess, as the case is now. :)
Thanks for the compliments!

Dewaker Basnet said...

welocome to the blog.....wow it sounds like welcome to wonderland...;)
on second thoughts, this is indeed a wonderland eh..:)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Dewaker Basnet,
Seems like the outcome of our second thoughts is always kind.
:)

gus said...

It adapts so well that it is even unnoticed by the media glare !!What you sayin ??

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@gus,
hahaha.... well said! :D
No two ways,really!