Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Staggered calls


“Saw ur blog today ... quit writing huh? Boy, u sure have changed a lot from the time I knew u in college!! When did u start caring about somebody doing something that made u think about giving up things that u love doing? I am not telling u shouldn't change but I always saw this as one of ur strongest character traits, one that is so ingrained in u that couldn't be erased. I have always admired and respected u very highly for it “


This was a sudden reaction of my college-buddy who happened to visit my blog after a gap. I am reproducing it here because she insisted that her remark be answered on my blog, maybe to get me to write again! Smart emotional blackmail it was, right?
What put me to thought was that I never knew I was like this nor did I think otherwise of myself. Basically, I never drew a picture of myself or my traits. Some times to get such responses from folks who matter more to you can be so soothing , but it equally puts you under a lot more pressure to live up to their expectations. Since, yesterday, I have been thinking if a jolly-go-lucky girl at college could leave such an impression on another person or was it a mask she was wearing? Am I really the one people think I am or they drew kind conclusions because the real litmus test to prove character never happened?
Another thought that came across was how surprisingly things prioritize themselves and rule over a person’s mind. Sometimes, we let go of things that mean so much to us because the priority-swap-magic takes over…..truly amazing!
I am not sure if my true self came out of hibernation or the spell of priority-swap-magic exhausted , but I can surely say that I can resist everything but temptation!
Needless to say, My abode beckoned too ………

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see your blog alive and kicking, Ms Kantharaja :D

(and I'm not THE anonymous who almost forced you off the road)

HaRi pRaSaD said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

It was the recognisition of a fellow Geminian, that u, Ms Kantharaja wouldn't be happy if u gave up blogging :)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@anon_former :
The way you addressed me indicates you are not anonymous to me. In fact, it has reduced the scope for my guess.
However, thanks for the support.:)

@Enigma,
Acknowledged!
@Anon_latter :
Hmm... me thinks you are Anu. Bang on ! :)

Nero said...

Welcome back.. Ms Kantharaja :)

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Nero,
Thanks a lot :)