Monday, December 17, 2007

Jeeves Around?

Not sure if others tend to agree, but I experience it more often than not. So often the words which just flow out of my mouth just fail to figure when I make vigorous efforts to recall the same. Especially when there is no dictionary at hand or no access to internet or no assistant like Jeeves (of Wooster-Jeeves fame of P.G.Wodehouse creations) to help recall, the feeling just kills by drilling and tricking the brain!! It feels sickly to realise that you are one word short of the already measly vocabulory you own! What of the effort gone into learning the word sometime back that doesn't come back to picture when wanted to?! Same was the case with a word that I could only recall it started with a 'P' and was relatively big one, a word I had used considerably frequently, a word that I had seen in the first paragraph of the latest article that I had read. In fact, hundred and one tips or pointers to the word but for the word I could recall.
On a Monday morning, when I was feeling blue and sad for some vague reasons, that word tricking me for a couple of days flashes to my mind, out of the blue. "PROVIDENCE" was what I wanted to recall, recall I did but not when I wanted to. There is a saying in kannada, "Sankata bandaaga Venkataramana", which crudely translates to "When in trouble, we are reminded of God". Looked like nothing but monday blues and depression could churn the name of God out of my mind!
"Sankata bandaaga Venkataramana". Hence Proved!!

No comments: