Saturday, July 01, 2006

Off went the offer

Hmm… it truly has been quite a long while since I even saw my blog.Not that I have been extra-ordinarily busy, rather not that I wasn’t as busy anytime before as I am now. Despite being hard pressed for time, I used to squeeze some time out for my blog, very often. Did I hear someone say, “Come on Rashmi, enough of beating around the bush, why not say suffering from Writer's Block!!” Well, me not a writer per se to be privileged enough to suffer from it.
Not that the days that went by weren’t eventful. If you are given an offer to act in a movie or the hope in your ability to act in one, isn’t it significant? Well, it happened to me one day. While I was traveling back home, reading a book with my half-closed eyes,a pretty high-school girl came and sat next to me. I was not in the mood to strike any conversation with anyone, so, for the conversation that occurred between her and myself,she truly deserves the credit. After the initial your-name,your-job,your-place, basically a bio-data enquiry, the answers to which I gave reluctantly, every time hoping that she would conclude and leave me alone to relax myself, the next question was the one that made my mouth and eyes open to a complete 360 degrees. She calmly asked me if I would act in a movie, given a chance. I didn’t know if she came from a filmi-background,neither did I want to know. What amazed me was the sheer question and her choice of recipient of the question. Although there is an age-old myth that there exist seven people in the world who look alike, me not the one to believe that I figure among the rest six of the beauty queens. It took some time for me to come over the shock and thought of asking her what made her ask me that question, and what made her think that I would be interested in acting, and above all, what made her think I could become an actress. Hmm.. after having framed the questions in my mind, I started asking for her justification for asking me that question. All she said was “Just like that”. I didn’t want to insist more because I was not looking for a film-offer, anyway. So, that was the story of my 30-mins film-offer. Be it an offer that went off the moment it came, wasn’t that an event for me? It sure was. I was wondering what kind of art-movie was she or whoever she was knowing planning to make that a person like me would fit in, is Jassi jaisi koi nahin being made into a movie? Probably, she thought I can play pre-transformation-Jassi!!

9 comments:

Nero said...

Why don't pretty girls sit next to ME and try sweet-talk me into acting in a movie??
Life's not fair!

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@nero and @nishu,
Arey yaaron, aapke number bhi kabhi lag jaayegi :)
when it happens, grab , of course the opportunity (what did you think?;) with both hands!!

catch 22 said...

Hey I guess u should have just probed a bit more even though u were not interested in the offer. It would have been interesting to know exactly what she meant my acting and what Kinda movie she was talking abt.

HaRi pRaSaD said...

:D I have heard that Juhi said Sarukh Khan looked like a monkey when she saw him the first time and wasnt happy to be paired with him.Where does he stand now??? KING KHAN rite?
Hmm..who knows...may be you too could have scaled greater heights!

P.S: Kolkata is great and I am already into the thick of things!! Caught caught by the Kolkata police under suspicion today morning!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its good to hear unusual questions from strangers..in ur case that too a school gal..
That makes a lot of differnece when u answer the same question to a known person or an unknown person...
well i want to know how responses change when u revert back to these 2 kind of people.. The question they ask could be related to anything ..(which in ur case is acting in movies)...
-----Pushpa

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Whats up Rashmi??

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@Catch22
Maybe, I should have, as you said. But I didnt want to spoil the essence of innocence that lingered around because of her with too many questions. :)
@hari,
Hmm... Now that was inspirational!
But, the fact remains that one has to, at least, look like a monkey to become an actor!!!:D
I am sure you are back from Kolkata now. I am eager read about your experiences.I will drop by your blog in the anticipation of a post on the same. By the way,thanks for the follow-up. Of late, the only letter in english alphabet that is supposed to make sense for me is "C". Was just a little held with work :(
@Pushpa,
Trust me , you just stole the words from my mouth. I felt the same when I heard that from her.When you dont know the person, the brain happens to go an extra inch in thinking the cause for one asking that quesion, be it a very casual one.

@all,
Sorry for the delayed response.Was simply impossible to see my abode of expressions for quite some time now.

Nero said...

En madam? Post madoke time ilva?

Rashmi Kantharaja said...

@nero,
Thanks, man! Me will be right back. Was stuck badly with work that my mind was even scared to try crossing the boundaries.:(